Thursday, January 17, 2008

Mojo is back














Rambo, tour guide of the morning glory patties, poses down. Jan 17 '08

Well, I am back. Already. I am feeling good. Aside from a minor dispute in the price of a beer, my day has gone well. I mean, if you are going to advertise a beer for 6000r, don't try and charge me 7000r. That is a whopping twenty five cents!

Actually, it's more than that. It's principle. And everyone around here tries to get away with it. And why not? They round up and then some and now I hear every price with suspicion. Whatever, I am a cheap bastard. I will admit that, but it's annoying. Don't worry, I paid the 7000r, but I will not be frequenting this place again. I'm leaving tomorrow anyway.

So, why am I feeling better? Well, who knows. Maybe venting some frustration is the answer for me. I had a nice, long walk through the city today to the post office, old market, various supermarkets and back to the central market. I soaked it up. I enjoyed every interaction, well most of them.

And well, to be honest, I bought some things. Just a bracelet. And a tank top. And some food. So yeah, I fed my emotions, whatever. I am human.

Then back at the guest house, while lounging on the deck overlooking the lake, I saw Rambo again. Hey, you take my boat? One dollar. Since I had said 'maybe later' a couple days ago, I hopped over the rail into the boat and we rowed around the lake below the overcast, breezy skies. Yes, there were abandoned flip flops and other debris floating around, but it was fun and more importantly, good for me and for him too, I hope.

No comments: