Saturday, January 26, 2008

Superstitions

I'm not really a superstitious person. But I do tend to notice when something happens that is supposed to bring about bad luck. On Friday the 13th for example. Or when a black cat runs in front of you. Or when you step on a crack. I think that's basically the extent of it. Can't erase those from my childhood memories...

So, today I checked into my guest house. I'm in room 13. This is the third time this trip. Out of 24 guest house stays over the past month and a half. Does that mean anything? No, not really. I just happened to notice. But I thought it was worth noting for no particular reason. In case you don't hear from me for a while perhaps.

Actually what made me write about this is the fact I also broke my bathroom mirror. I think that's another sign of bad luck. Are these superstitions? I really can't remember. I can't even think. The word is confusing me. It looks back at me like it's terribly misspelled, just like the word misspelled. Is it just a bad evening? You know when you look at a word too long and you start thinking what the fuck? Ok, maybe you say huh? Or maybe you're a genius and never see fault with words.

I think it's actually a positive sign. I'm going to keep telling myself that. And watch what happens. I'm feeling it. Mr Lucky from here on out. I don't need four leaf clovers or a rabbit's foot or a double rainbow. Just saying. I said it here first.

No comments: