Thursday, December 20, 2007

Pai Woodstock



Pai is a small town up in Northern Thailand. It is very touristy, but it has a nice vibe and a thriving music scene. Last night was Pai Woodstock and there were flyers everywhere so why not?

I took some videos of the music, some original tunes and a lot of Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley and Ben Harper covers. The music was entertaining and it was a great place to mingle with drunken tourists. I enjoyed my first pop in a long time and soaked up the scene from a different, sober perspective.

Returning home was entertaining as the setting for the "festival" was a couple kilometers from town. I had given this heavier girl a ride to the show and it difficult to stay balanced. Adding a third person on the way home was even more ridiculous, but we made it. My sobriety might be questioned for that decision, but I assure you it was only Sprite! Clearly, I am not a role model.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hope you're feeling better Tyler. You are missed back here in rainy, cold Portland! Just think of all the weekend-before-Christmas-grocery-store fun you're missing out on! Or...er...don't. Travel on maverick!

-Laura from TJ's

Gipsy said...

Have a great Christmas T MAN wherever you end up!!!
We'll be thinking of you as we eat our brussel sprouts and Christmas Pud!!!!
Love Us Lot in Soulsbyville

tyler said...

Thanks Laura! I hope you made it through the latest madness at work. It deeply saddens me to think about all the fun you guys had without me. I hope it's not too dreary back home!