Thursday, February 14, 2008

Birthday coitus

I was having the most amazing birthday sex ever. In this new year of 2008, year of the Rat, one would have thought it was year of the Dog by observation. I was flying high. Celebrating my birthday in style. Nothing, absolutely nothing could stop me. That is, until I woke up. It was 9pm and I had been passed out for three hours. I had a headache and I needed some water. It was all just too good to be true.

In actuality, my birthday was a good one, despite the lack of sex. If I really measured a day's goodness by my level of sexual activity I would be having a lot of bad days. I would be taking every anti-depressant under the sun and I would still be under the clouds.

My birthday, February 9, happened to coincide with the third day of Tet so it was officially still time to ring in the new year. I met Kha on the bus the day before and he invited me to his house to celebrate. I found his address, met his mother and daughter and soon we were off at a cafe sipping Vietnamese tea and coffee with his friends. There was limited conversation because of the language barrier, but we were able to introduce ourselves, state our ages and express our celebratory mood for the multiple occasions on hand.

Before our coffees were finished, we were up and back on our respective motos. Heading who knows where, but it didn't matter. We ended up at the first friend's house and I could tell it was going to be a long day from the onset. We drank beer, we drank brandy, we drank whiskey and we snacked on peanuts. I think I had consumed five beverages before noon. So much for limiting myself to just two hours. 3...2...1...YO!

From there, we went back to Kha's house. His mother had prepared a bounty of food, much of it vegetarian. An chay, an chay, an chay she said as she pointed to this dishes I could eat. What a woman. She spoke English and was very helpful at times aside from being extremely generous. More beers were cracked open and a lot of food was consumed. I don't let good vegetarian food go to waste. You know that!

Another moto. Another house. Another beer. Another friend. Another shot of brandy. Another friend. Another moto. Another beer. Repeat!

Somehow I ended up with a half dozen roses during the afternoon. Birthday flowers. And some of the friends disappeared along the way and new ones took their places. I could not disappear. I had no idea where I was. But I was most certainly faded and it was like I wasn't there at times. I don't know how I held onto the back of some of those motos, but I did. And I don't remember a lot of the pictures that were taken that day, but there they were.

It was a lot of fun, that day. Those guys were incredibly generous and welcoming. It was supposedly lucky for them to have me in their house during this holiday period. I think it was lucky for me. I also think it was lucky I got home. I weaved my way back to my hotel on my bicycle summoning all I had left. I made it up the stairs and face planted onto the bed. And then I had the best birthday sex ever.

Kha, friend from the bus (pictured on left) and friends.

Celebrating Tet and my birthday!

No comments: