Sunday, March 23, 2008

Exercise

Thanks Greg. For telling me my recent woes may complicated by a lack of exercise. I've entertained thoughts of reducing my waistline, but those thoughts usually disintegrate when it's time for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Or when the mercury rises and all I want to do is sit in front of a fan reading a book. Who wants to be exercising in this heat?

I was good for a time doing the occasional push up or crunch before I left my hotel, but somewhere along the way it became too much effort. So I took a photo of myself pretending to do jumping jacks - as if this alone would bring me back to my prior level of fitness.

Sometimes I think it would just be easier to get stricken with dysentery. I would lose interest in eating, lose some of that weight and at least appear to be my old self. Because appearance is all that matters, right? And if I was bedridden at the same time, I wouldn't spend any money on other activities further reducing my expenditures. What a deal.

I need to start washing my hands less and get better at choosing the most unsanitary restaurant. After all, I've only been sick twice and they didn't keep me off my feet for long. I mean, when you're sitting on the toilet, you are still on your feet if you think about it.

Or maybe if Igot better at managing my free time, of which I have plenty, I could somehow incorporate a little exercise. Sometimes, that just sounds so difficult!

No comments: