Sunday, March 23, 2008

Nha Trang part II

I arrived in Nha Trang for the second time early on a Friday morning. I took the sleeper bus from Saigon so I could save on one night's accommodation. "Cheep Cheep" said the bird. It was not comfortable, but it wasn't uncomfortable either. I would call it bearable. I arrived stanky and was fortunately able to shower and leave my bag with the travel agency while I wiled away the day waiting for my next sleeper bus to carry me farther north that same evening.

I didn't do much in this beach town. There wasn't a whole lot I wanted to do. I wandered. I ate. I somehow ended up talking to a prostitute about bananas. I read. I got sunburned. The sun is amazing how it can find you even while you hide in the shade. By the end of the day, it was time to hit the road again.

No comments: