Sunday, March 23, 2008

The food pyramid

I took this picture because I was once a student of Nutrition. Apparently this is the Vietnamese food pyramid. I wanted to see how similar it was to our own - the one I studied many years ago. It seems pretty much the same, with grains occupying the base of pyramid suggesting those same foodstuffs for the base of our diets. Then fruits and vegetables and then meats, fats and sweets in lesser amounts as you find yourself entering the apex of the pyramid. The only thing I found interesting was the pictures of the different grains, different vegetables, fruits and so on. Everything else reminded me that I was glad I wasn't staring at a food pyramid on my desk on a daily basis.

What was more interesting than this pyramid was a conversation I had with this guy after he saw me taking this picture. He was an Agronomist. He was from Israel. And I think he was propositioning me. I refused to acknowledge his fairly overt gestures and was glad I was leaving shortly thereafter to be taken farther away. Is my bus here yet?

It went something like this after the initial introductions and how-do-you-do's were complete:

Him: So, do you like liberal women?
Me: What do you mean by that?
Him: Oh, do you like sex with more than one woman? For example, two women and two men?
Me: I've never done it, but wouldn't rule it out. I think I'd prefer two women and one man though.
Him: I think you might like it.
Me: I don't know about that. I think a threesome in my favor would be preferable.
Him: I think women would prefer to have two men.
Me: Yeah, maybe so, but I'd prefer one man with that man being me.

I can't remember the extent of the rest of the conversation. I don't know why it went as far as it did. Probably because I like seeing where things go without actually going there. I also usually find most people interesting (at least until I get to know them). I have time so why not hear what they have to say? He did ask what I was doing later that afternoon. Fortunately, I had a bus to catch and didn't have to actually say "I'm not interested in anal penetration, thank you very much!" This conversation is over!

No comments: