Sunday, March 16, 2008

Pineapple

Did you know pineapples grow like this? I can't say I did. They are kind of like artichokes in that there is only one fruit per plant. Not that I'm saying an artichoke is a fruit. Cause it's a vegetable. You don't eat mayonnaise with any fruits. I'm pretty sure about that. That would be nasty.

In Vietnam, you can buy an entire pineapple - signed, sealed and delivered for 5,000 vnd, which amounts to about 0.33 usd. That's pretty cheap. And as I've said before, I'm pretty cheap. I happen to like pineapple, so I've been eating a lot of it.

It's crazy to think that someone is making money on pineapples. I mean, someone grows it, that someone sells it to someone else, that someone else sells to individual vendors and then those fruit vendors carve and quarter them for lazy people like me and somehow everyone profits in the process. Cool.

No comments: