Monday, June 23, 2008

Free ballin'

There was a miscommunication between me and the woman at my guest house yesterday in regards to my laundry. I know, an interesting topic for a change. I had pretty much worn everything once and was in need of some clean clothing quick. I especially needed some socks and underwear. She said it would be done that afternoon. Nice, I thought. Just in time for work.

So, I didn’t have to go out and buy anything new. I came home later in the afternoon to get ready for work. No laundry. Oh well, I thought. I’d have to free ball it and just hope my pants don’t split. Fortunately, they didn’t, but it was a tad embarrassing to occasionally sit down and notice my skin-colored socks shining through between my black shoes and pants.

I made it through the evening. Everything went smoothly. I got home and my laundry was still not done. They are very busy. Tomorrow. Ok, but I leave for work at 7:15am. It’ll be ready by 7am. It was not. So, today, I was at it again. This time I changed my shirt and tie and brought a spare pair of pants, just in case. You never know what might happen.

You have to be prepared for the unexpected. At all times. You know, what would happen if something went awry? What if I tore my pants squatting down to pick up that eraser that that kid drops every class? How many times can you use that in one sentence? What if I sprouted one of those erections from my teenage years? There’d be nothing to contain the monster. The beast would be unleashed. I'd never be able to live it down. Next time, I'm reducing the risk. I'm doing my laundry early.

No comments: