Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Wednesday's grumble

Maybe I should call this blog the Daily Rant because there is rarely a day I cannot refrain from doing so. I'm over it really cause this is my outlet. My release. Thank you for being here. Here I sit by the fan in the confines of Le Pub on a small street between Pham Ngu Lau and Bui Vien sipping an avocado smoothie and awaiting my falafel sandwich. I love the rice and vegetables, but sometimes I'll pay a lot more for a little more. Substance.

I just got a haircut. Because it's what the ladies want. Short hair. Okay, fine. I was growing shaggy again and well, I guess it just wasn't acceptable. It's too hot here for long hair anyway. I didn't sleep that well yet again last night and the aggravation is beginning to accumulate. I just don't understand it. I've been laying off the caffeine, the booze and you'd think the tiredness would just hit me one day. I keep hoping it does.

My falafel sandwich is leaving a lot to be desired. Perhaps say real falafel? And this fly won't leave the other half alone. Shoo fly don't bother me. The potato wedges on the other hand could possibly be the best potato wedges on this side of the planet. I'm not sure what I need at this moment, but whatever it is, surely cannot be obtained through the big gaping hole in the front of my face. As much as I know this, I somehow think momentarily it is easier to fill my face than it is to fill the hole that resides within.

I need some attention. I need to be giving some attention. I need to get more involved. I need to play football and ultimate frisbee. I need to make a greater effort to learn this language. I need to find a place to live. I need to stop driving like a madman. I need to chill out. I need to breathe. I need to eat better. I need to smile more. I need to take off my glasses and stop noticing all these beautiful women. I need some hydrocortisone. I need a mango. I need to pay the bill and get out of here.


P.S. This blog posts Pacific Standard Time I think, irrelevant of course to where I actually may be at the moment, therefore when I wrote "Wednesday's grumble" it was still Tuesday back home. Just making sure you understand. Thanks. Ciao.

No comments: