Sunday, June 1, 2008

Getting tired of this

Pulling out of the "driveway" knowing that it is about to pour with rain. The thunder has rolled repeatedly. The sky is very gray, but is no deterrent. I am done with class and a drive and a drenching sounds good. Besides, my destination is the house of a female acquaintance. And that fills me with enough gusto to get off the bed and off my lazy ass to actually do something with the rest of my day.

The drenching comes quickly. I wore a hat to prevent the rain from soaking my glasses, but my clarity did not last long. I was seeing spots. Many of them, but I persevered and managed to enjoy the drive despite the additional concentration necessary to combat the increase in foolish driving maneuvers including those of my own.

At one point, the street was covered by a few inches of water. That was fun. I finally found my destination by chance and waited for the girl. I could not go in the house. Then we went to a coffee shop. With her sister. Another sister. How many sisters do you have? And how long does it take for us to go out alone? And no, I'm not paying for you all this time. And you know, I'm tiring of this. And I don't care anymore. I don't. I mean, yes, I do, but I don't.

I'm fed up and tired and cranky and losing my patience. I'm not trying to take things too fast. I don't need what you think I need. I can appreciate just holding hands. But what grade am I in? Am I in a museum? Look, but don't touch! Maybe you're still in the minor leagues, you know what I'm saying? I'm by no means a professional, but it's hard to play ball with someone who can barely catch. You catch what I'm throwing at you?

No comments: