Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cockroach

Why does that word make me shudder? I hate it. Makes me narrow my eyes and grit my teeth. A combination of two foul words in and of themselves. A cock. Fairly displeasing to think about. And a roach. Again, nothing pleasurable in that. Combine the two and you have yourself something really unpleasurable.

I had one of these little fuckers in my room last night. Only he wasn't little. Every time I tried to chase him down, he scurried away or flew straight at me. Made me scream like a baby. And run away with my arms flapping at my sides. Eventually, my feelings of compassion for living creatures gave way to my desire for a restful night of sleep.

I only wanted to stun the guy with a little whip action from my bathroom mat. It is what I want to believe what happened. It may be true after all. But I think I maimed the guy. Or gal. And he or she laid in submission writhing in pain. Then I scooped "it" up, because I turned he or she into an object, and threw "it" out the window. Out of sight, out of mind. It's what we do.

No comments: