Friday, July 4, 2008

Random #111

Written the other day on my balcony (as if you cared)

There seems to be a huge storm brewing in whatever direction I'm facing. I love the storms. I just hope I'm not caught in the downpour like I was last night. It was still fun, but probably only so because I was ready for it. Driving to work wearing flip flops and my pants rolled up to my knees with the rain hurtling towards the ground at a ferocious speed. It was tough trying to keep the raingear covering as much of my body as possible and trying to squint through the raindrops and fog covering my glasses.

I don't really care what happens. If it rains, it rains. I get wet, I teach wet. No big deal. It would just make class more interesting. So, here I lollygag around drunk on a Thai curry and jackfruit, wiling away the hours before I must go and teach. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon if I don't say so myself. It is rather hot, but when in the south of Vietnam, you can't really expect much else. Praying for a gentle breeze.

No comments: