Wednesday, July 9, 2008

To be a kid again

It's like clockwork. Plus or minus ten minutes. It's almost guaranteed that the heaviest rains of my life will fall around 5pm. You'd think I'd learn from this. Instead, I watch the skies darken and ponder what to do with the rest of my afternoon. Should I get my errands done? Or should I tinker with my new toys? I have a new phone and new speakers for my laptop. Adult toys I guess.

I procrastinated too long. I am in until the rains cease to fall. And who knows how long that will last. If I turn down Mr. Cash then I get to hear the kids playing in the rain. And I get to hear the rain too. Both enjoyable sights and sounds. To be a kid again. I'd take some of it, but leave a lot of it behind. Is it ok to try and have the best of both worlds?

I just want to play and be a kid and never grow up. To laugh and not let the little things bother me. Of course they do though. But then I want to enjoy the adult side of life too. But what exactly does that mean? I mean, if it means get a career, then I take it back. On the other hand, if it means occasionally partaking in the consumption of mind-stupefying beverages and pleasures of the flesh, then that's what I'm talking about.

No comments: