Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Kim's Guest House

This is where I'm staying. It's down the alley, hem 13, off of Co Giang Street in district 1. It's between Co Giang and Co Bac. You know where to find me. And right now, I'm at a coffee shop within walking distance of my place. I'm normally teaching at this hour, but we had a big storm and the school had a power outage. Just as well because I really didn't want to get soaked.
This is the view from my front door looking out over my "balcony" - a lot of corrugated tin roofs. Or is it rooves. I know it's not, but it should be.
This is the view in the opposite direction. Out my back window. Pretty exciting stuff, I know. I actually like the views. I'm jealous of the roof top patios. For sure.
And finally, this is the view out front, but looking down at the small pagoda. Or is it a temple? Or just a shrine? I like when I can hear the gong or smell the incense because it seems to happen so infrequently.

No comments: