Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The big test

We are in our fourth and final week of our TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course. We will soon be qualified teachers. Look out. Today was the big exam. We had a lesson to prepare and we had to study. This is more studying I've done in nearly nine years.

Not that I'm studying. I still procrastinate until the last minute and stress about nothing. It always seems like nothing in retrospect. After my lesson was "planned" last night, it was time for a study break. After one beer, I was peer pressured into a second and my night was shot. So much for putting my mind at ease about the test.

Fortunately, I gave the first lesson this morning. Then I studied. Phonology is so much fun. And I passed the exam with flying colors. Well, I passed. I don't know if there were colors or if they were flying. What the hell does that mean anyway?

Everyone in the class passed the test. Apparently nobody has ever failed. If you do, you are given a second chance. With the same exam. They don't want you to fail. I don't think they want to have any angry customers. So pass 'em and let the poor school that hires 'em, fire 'em.

No comments: