Friday, May 9, 2008

Mirror man

There are a lot of niche jobs here in Vietnam if you look for them. This guy exclusively sold mirrors for motorbikes. Considering there are supposedly more than five million motorbikes in this fine city alone, I would imagine that he is doing ok. But that's like assuming the lady selling mangoes is doing quite well for herself just because there are a lot of mouthes to feed. So, I take that back.

I hope the motorbike mirror man makes mucho money. I'm working on my alliteration. I don't think it's illegal to not have mirrors so I'm guessing the guy uses this "business" as a front for his opium dealership. That's the game some of the women who sell cigarettes play. You don't want cigarettes? How 'bout some marijuana? Opium? Cocaine? Boom-boom? C'mon man, everyone wants something. What'll it be?

No comments: