Saturday, May 31, 2008

R.I.P.

Well, I am officially without a camera. My 4.0 megapixel Canon PowerShot S410 Digital Elph has eaten shit and died. We haven't been that close in recent years so it's not a huge loss for me. But I have fond memories and we shared good times in Costa Rica in '05, Nicaragua in '06 and more recently in Southeast Asia from '07 until the present.

Officially, her time of death is still undetermined. I can't recall when I first heard the clicking noise. It was either last night or approximately 1:07pm this afternoon. I pulled the plug shortly after paying my bill for lunch. I slammed the lens into the table. There is no more clicking. I couldn't bear to watch her experience so much pain.

She had experienced this clicking before. She was treated and released after spending some time at Canon's rehabilitation center. Unfortunately, the insurance company did not cover her bills. I did and that was the beginning of the end for us. I have been eyeing other cameras for years now and it won't take me long to find a replacement.

If she was a cat, she would have had more than nine lives. She landed on her feet many of those times, but only barely. She emerged battered and shaken from her stay at the rehabilitation center. From then on, it was only a matter of time.
The last year or so of her life, I wasn't too fond of her. So, I can't say I am sorry to go our separate ways. Good riddance!

Condolences can be sent to me by email and any donations to the charity of the bereft's choosing can be sent to yours truly by Paypal. I will choose the most fitting charity to fulfill her wishes in death and the hereafter.

No comments: