Friday, April 4, 2008

More Sapa

I spent 10 nights in Sapa on my second go round. What can I say - I have a lot of pics. Here are a few more.
"Hey, you buy from me? Buy from me later?" The H'mong women were relentless in their selling techniques. Fortunately most of them stopped trying to sell me their wares after they realized they were wasting their time.
The main road heading down into town was often clogged with locals, tourists, motorbikes, minibuses and sometimes buffalo. I really dug this place. My favorite restaurant was Sapa Smile - you should go there and get the baby corn with cashew stir fry. They do it up right. You'll have to splurge a whole dollar fifty.
From left to right, this is Som and Mai. They are H'mong and good examples of the friendly folk I met during my stay. Most of the H'mong, well at least those who spend a lot of time in town, know English pretty well. It's really quite amazing and quite nice to be able to interact with them.
I can't remember this little cutie's name, but she was so pleasant and incredibly nice. It's a shame both her parents were out every night trying to make money selling drugs.
The girl in the last picture took this picture on my last day in town. This is me and Ker. This was before I took the night train and my socks and shirt really started to smell. You should have been in my compartment when I took off my shoes. It was really quite embarrassing. It happens to the best of us. At least I wasn't the one farting. The guy on the other top bunk really let one fly.

No comments: