Friday, April 11, 2008

Text message "conversations"

So, the girl at the Ladybird Restaurant flat out denied me, which was pretty funny, but I did not give up hope. There was still a chance she did not understand me. So I gave here a note with my phone number. Later that evening, I received a text.

I still have all the texts she sent me because my phone stores them. Not because I am psycho. The texts I sent in response to her messages have since had their places taken by other texts. This enables me to make myself sound better, but not that much better, than I really sounded in those series of text conversations, which I bring to you now.

HELLO TYLER. I am huong. Do you sleep?
Hi Huong. I am reading. What are you doing? Are you going back home?

yes.I am coming back home.what time do u sleep?
I will sleep at 11pm. How far do you live? Do you drive motobike?

about 5km.I go by bicycle.I don't drive motobike.
What are you doing tomorrow? Can I see you sometime?

I go to shool.see you tomorrow.good night
This last text was sent quickly and before I had a chance to respond, she followed up with the next one.

I think I can't because I don't have freetime.
I don't know about that. It's okay to tell the truth. It's okay if you don't like me.

WHY do u say? I'm a student. I learn during day and night i have to work.i just see u at restaurant.sorry
No problem. I understand. See you at the restaurant. I am sorry to bother you.

The morning after (I wish)...

GOOD MORNING.DO U GET UP?I GET UP.WHAT WILL U DO TODAY?I HAVE TO PRACTICE AT THE TRAINING RESTAURAN IN THIS MORNING.SEE U TO NIGHT.HAVE A NICE DAY!
This last text was sent about 6am. I was still asleep, but heard the jingle through my earplugs. I did not respond til the afternoon.
I just got up! Just kidding. I am doing nothing today. I don't think I am coming to the restaurant tonight. I need to give you a break. Have a good day.

THANKS.SEE AGAIN.

The next day...

Hi, are you home now? Sorry I did not talk much tonight. I am a little embarrassed.
YES.ARE U READING.TONIGHT WHY DID U EMBARRASSE?

Yes, I am reading. I was embarrassed because your friends know everything. I am going to bed soon.
NO,THEY DON'T KNOW THING AND ME TOO.I DON'T THINK U LIKE ME.I GO TO BED NOW, TOO.WHY DO U LIKE ME?

You are very nice to me, you have a great smile and co gai dep!
The last little bit means "beautiful girl."

The next day...

Hello. I fly to HCMC today. I'll see you next time!
WHAT TIME DO U FLY?WHAT DO U DO IN HCM CITY?HAVE A GOOD TRIP! I'LL WAIT U TO COME BACK

I fly at 9:45. I'm on the bus now. I'm taking a 4 week class. Then i will teach English. In Hcmc or hanoi.
IT'S VERY GOOD! I WISH U'LL SUCCESS

thanks. are u busy tonight at the restaurant? i came in for lunch today...
NO,IT'S SOSO! I JUST WORK IN THE EVERNING. I HOPE I'LL SEE U EARLY.

U won't see me! I'm at the airport. I went to eat at 2pm.
UH.HAVE A GOOD TRIP AND LUKY. HEATH GOOD!

I apparently found this response not to my liking and chose not to respond. It is kind of a generic "hey, have a good one! May you be healthy and lucky!" I think in actuality, I had to turn my phone off for my flight and then it was too late to respond upon my arrival and then I just plain forgot. Sorry. Besides, I wanted to end my stalker tendencies at least until my next trip to Hanoi.

The End.

No comments: